Saturday 2 July 2011

So where exactly did June go? Most of it was spent indoors at my work desk slaving away trying to meet every possible EOFY deadline.

Oh yes I have been eating, the weekend outing type of eating and the binge-on-whatever-you-can-fish-from-that-top-draw-on-the-RHS-of-your-work-desk type of eating. 

Here are few of the highlights of the former kind

1. Takumi

B was going overseas for a few weeks so we decided to have a farewell dinner, aka a kind reminder than "I'm heading off to 4 weeks of awesomeness while you slave away in miserable Melbourne" and being excited with my newly acquired entertainment book, I suggested that we check out Takumi and pig out on all you can eat Beef karubi and Ox tongue. 

Although the meat was decent, the dipping sauces were flavour-some, it was not the best all you can eat BBQ experience that I have had, and I must say the entertainment book discount did ease the pain of paying a bit too much for what it's worth. 


2. High Tea at Grand Hyatt

High school friend H's birthday was coming up, and she had organised a lovely afternoon for the girls to have high tea at Grand Hyatt. It was somewhat surprising to realise given the girly girl that I am, I had never been to high tea. 
I planned my outfit for the afternoon well ahead of the day and ensured that I had enough floral skirts and pearl necklaces to please even the queen. 
   Miss S's bow ring...that has since gone MIA after a particularly memorable post-exam clubbing session at alumbra. RIP bow ring :(
Well now that I have been there and done that, I must say it is possible to have too much of a good thing 
Sweetness overload
Pretty macarons that lacked genuine flavour...
The sandwiches we gobbled up before our dessert buffet, the same sandwiches we craved for after 2 rounds of pure sugar over-load
I wished that they had a few savoury options also at hightea, in that perspective, I think the equivalent amount of money would have been better spent on yumcha. oh and get this,
Does not work at high tea :P Please reserve such behaviour for yumcha only. 

3. (actual yumcha) Tai Pan
Miss S and I visited Tai Pan last saturday, after a rather eventful night that saw us returning to my house around 4am earlier that morning.


Har gow is probably the only canto word I know....nomnomnom 

prettiness and yumminess all in one bite-size pastry.

Forget kebabs, yum cha is the best cure for a persistent hangover :D

No comments:

Post a Comment